Nursing Assistant – Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Pre, Pacu, Post, Procedure Room, Operating Room
MANAGER: Clinical Director
DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Clinical Director and Patient Care Supervisors, the Nursing Assistant is responsible for the delivery of optimum quality care and support to patients while in the Pre-Op, PACU, Operating Room, and Phase II of the Surgery Center.
- Education: High school diploma, NA Certification preferred
- Special Skills: Strong interpersonal skills beneficial.
- Certifications: Current CPR required.
- Working Conditions: Will be working in a clean, well-lighted area. May be required to deal with unpleasant environmental situations resulting from patient care or patient activity.
- Hazards and Risks: Direct patient contact with possible exposure to communicable diseases, x-ray.
- Functions under the authority of patient care supervisors, nursing personnel, and physicians orders
- Assists with rooming patients
- Assists patients with ambulation/transport via wheelchair and/or stretcher
- Vital signs
- Assists patients with dressing/undressing
- Performs proper hair removal
- Assists patients with pre-operative prep such as sage wipes
- Performs UPT for female patients of child bearing age
- Checks patients Glucose, Hemoglobin and INR
- Assists with orthopedic and respiratory equipment
- Removes patient IV prior to discharge
- Provides nutrition to patients
- Cleans/disinfects/sterilizes Endoscopes
- Prioritizes and provides care based on the need
- Patient room turn over
- Cleans/disinfects supplies/equipment that have been in contact with a patient
- Clearly communicates all patient data to nursing staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Stock supply cabinets and linen cabinets
- Stock patient rooms
- Manage nutrition supplies
- Manage inventory and par levels
Responsibilities Operating Room
- Assist the RN in the safe transfer of patients
- Assists in the preparation of the surgical environment.
- Assist in the cleaning of the OR suite as needed.
- Assists in the cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Blood specimen collection; perform Hbg, INR, Glucose test
- Urine specimen collection, UPT
- Daily, weekly, monthly cleaning
- Monthly Outdates
- Maintain clean environment in all supply areas; germicidal solutions – length of time for contact with surfaces
- Answer phones
- Run errands, direct family/visitors
- Assist with emergencies, codes, etc.
- Float readily between all areas providing help where needed
- Restocking and cleaning as necessary
- Distributes supplies and laundry as directed
- Assist SPD with instrument processing and endoscope cleaning
- Pick supplies and stage case carts for surgical procedures
- Help perform monthly quality audits
- Assists the OR in equipment moving and storage.
- Patient COVID testing and screening
- Pre Admission NPO calls
- Other duties as assigned